Though marijuana is normally smoked in order to feel its effects; a large number of cannabis users also enjoy eating food that has had cannabis cooked into it. There are many different foods that can be cooked with cannabis, from pastries to candy, so there is sure to be a food that you can enjoy this method of consuming cannabis with. For a nice little dessert, consider trying this recipe for chocolate covered cannabis strawberries. This particular recipe does not require a large amount of cannabis in order to cook and it is simple to follow. If you like chocolate covered strawberries, you’ll love this recipe.
- 2 pounds of extra-large, fresh strawberries
- 1 ounce of marijuana shake
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate
- 6 ounces of white chocolate
- 2 medium saucepans for cooking
- 2 medium bowls (they will need to be heat-proof. Otherwise you will need two more medium saucepans)
- 1 large baking sheet
- Parchment paper or waxed paper
- First, you’ll need to separately chop up each type of chocolate. Chop the chocolate into small pieces, keeping both the dark and white separate from each other.
- Put each type of chocolate pieces into their own separate bowls. One bowl for dark and one bowl of white.
- Place two medium saucepans on the stove and fill with two inches of water. Bring both of these saucepans to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Next you will set the bowls or saucepans containing the chocolate over the water (this is why you need an oven-safe bowl). Dong this will melt the chocolate, stir the chocolate until smooth.
- Keeping the chocolate over the heat, stir in your cannabis. Keep stirring until the cannabis is dissolved into the chocolate.
- Remove either the bowls or saucepans containing the chocolate from the heat.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Dip the strawberries by their stem into the dark chocolate and place on the baking sheet.
- Now you will drip the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries. To do this, grab a fork and pass it through the white chocolate. Then let the white chocolate drizzle off of the fork onto the dipped strawberries.
- When you are finished, chill the dipped strawberries in the refrigerator until it is time to serve them.
Hopefully you enjoyed this simple recipe for chocolate covered cannabis strawberries. Cooking cannabis into food can be as simple as melting some chocolate, allowing you to enjoy your favorite desserts with the added effects of marijuana. The effects may not be immediate, so be patient. When you cook cannabis into food, it can be difficult to determine how much marijuana is in each serving. In order to decide on the right amount to eat, start small, eat a strawberry or two and give it some time. After you’ve noticed the effects, you’ll know if you need to eat anymore and have a better idea of how much to eat the next time.